Saturday, March 26, 2011

A couple of bright spots on a gray day

You know that saying “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all”?  Well if I followed that saying, I would never say a word!  I thought after my “you suck” post to The Oregonian, I would try and talk about a couple of place in Portland that I went to yesterday and really enjoyed. 

First stop was Swirl Frozen Yogurt.  I don’t know the last time I went out for Fr-Yo, maybe when I was a kid?  We got to the place right before they were opening, and the guy working was nice enough to let us in as it was raining.  I don’t think the guy realized what he was getting himself into, five double BOB strollers and 11 hungry kiddos.  The kids were running around grabbing cups and pretty much just being kids.  Once they opened we got a cup of blueberry/strawberry yogurt with granola and chopped almonds.  It seemed pretty healthy until the 3-year-old requested we add marshmallows.  It was delicious and I was sad that we decided to split it.  A second visit is on our agenda for this weekend.

The second stop is the only place that I would consider us regulars at, Laughing Planet Café.  When we were first checking out our house, the landlord recommended this place and I almost wish he hadn't as we are becoming addicts!  The food is super good and beyond reasonable priced.  Last night we had two burritos, a kid burrito, and a side of beans, a bowl of chips, two milks and two beers for less than $30 bucks.  Awesome deal huh?  I don’t think that we have ever had anything bad there and we eat there at least once a week. 

Where are you favorite places to hit up?

No comments:

Post a Comment